AUSTRALIAN TRUSTED TRADER PROGRAM - ATT GOES LIVE
WHAT IS AUSTRALIAN TRUSTED TRADER (ATT) ?
The Australian Border Force has developed a voluntary accreditation programme that rewards businesses who can meet certain supply chain & compliant trade practices.
This program will offer accredited Trusted Traders access to a range of trade Facilitation benefits as outlined below.
HOW AAT CAN BENEFIT YOU ?
- Trusted Traders will be recognised as low risk, and be subject to a lighter touch at all Customs Border screening checkpoints.
- Deferral of duty payments on imported goods for a set period
- Streamlined reporting arrangements to reduce the administrative burden involved in importing and exporting goods.
- Trusted Traders will receive a dedicated Account Manager as the single point of contact between their business and the Australian Border Force (ABF).
- Trusted Traders will receive Priority trade Services, which provide access to advanced rulings on tariffs, valuations and origin of certain goods.
WHO CAN APPLY ?
ATT is free to join and is open to all Australian Businesses (Big and Small) active in the International supply chain, have an Australian Business Number (ABN), two years of trading history and are financially solvent.. This included importers, exporters and service providers such as Ports, Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders.
PROGRAM COMMENCMENT DATE ?
Australian Trusted Trader Scheme (AAT) scheduled to commence in 2017-2018 Financial year (date-to be confirmed).
In the meantime, anyone who is interested in ATT and its potential benefits, must first obtain a login and complete an expression of Interest (EOI) via http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/australian-trusted-trader
HOW TO APPLY ?
If you would like more information or wish to discuss ATT, please contact Wayne Ritchie via E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 02 8336 9000
Read the latest news from TCF International.
Join our mailing list
Copyright © 2021 TCF International All rights reserved